About David Lawrence
Communications Services for International Development
Who I Am
My name is David Lawrence. I'm a writer and editor based in Ukraine. For most of the last 20 years I've managed technical assistance and investment programs in East Asia and the former Soviet Union. Now I draw on that experience to provide communications services for international development projects.
What I Do
I help developmental organizations tell the world what they do. Drawing from interviews and official documents, I write and edit:
- Project briefs and success stories
- Staff profiles
- Corporate blog posts
- Content for websites
- Operational reports.
I also design, build and manage websites, write for publications, and provide communications advice.
Since 2010, my main clients have been:
- The World Bank's Public-Private Partnership group
- The SmartLessons team at the International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- The Multi Donor Fund for Aceh and Nias (MDF)
- The USAID Public-Private Partnership Development Program in Ukraine (P3DP).
Although most of my work is with large institutions, I also work with small organizations and individual clients.
I'm fully booked through July 31, 2015. From September I will be available for part-time or short-term projects.
How I Can Help Your Project
I can contribute to your success by:
- Writing text that makes your project sound interesting and relevant, even if it isn't
- Making technical or poorly-written text digestible
- Freeing managers from time-consuming writing and editing responsibilities
- Keeping donors, governments, business communities, NGOs, and the public informed about your activities.
Send me an email directly from this site.